logo eng  Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

  • Polish
  • Ukrainian
  • English

Plan katedry

Chapel is of the Blessed Sacrament or also called Gold

Going along the aisle towards the musical choir the first right-hand chapel is of the Blessed Sacrament or also called Gold or by Wiśniowiecki family. The chapel was created over XV-XVIII cc. The interior space of the dome is adorned by Stanisław Stroiński polychrome of the Eucharistic theme.

Read more: Chapel is of the Blessed Sacrament or also called Gold

 

Chapel to the Flagellation of Christ

The third chapel from the North side was devoted to the Flagellation of Christ but also it is called the chapel of Kampian. The chapel originates from the period of the second half of the XVI-II and the half of XVII c. The construction is one of the most valuable sacral Mannerism period antiques for Poland. The construction was built by Pawel Rzymianin and Andrzej Bremer. The marble alter of XVI c. with the figures of the apostles St. Peter and St. Paul, St. Augustine and St. John Cantius was enriched with two icons the first of the Flagellation of Christ and the second Christ Carrying the Cross.

Read more: Chapel to the Flagellation of Christ

   

Chapel of Divine Mercy and Our Lady of Perpetual Help

The next row of chapels from the side of the choir, this time finished to the South side of the Basilica, is opened by the chapel of Divine Mercy and Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The chapel has been built by Piotr Milewski in the first half of XVII though its design was maintained in modern style. The alter of brown marble is adorned by the Cross with the postures of the Virgin Mary and St. John the Evangelistat its foot. In the alter cavity the figure of St. Joseph with the Child (to 1946 there was the Merciful God sculpture) is placed. On the table (mensa) the reliquary with the relics of Lviv almoner and guardian of the poor Zygmund Gorazdowski (1845-1920) is set. He was canonized in 2005.

Read more: Chapel of Divine Mercy and Our Lady of Perpetual Help

   

Chapel is of the Black Madonna of Czestochova

The middle chapel is of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa of the third quarter of XVIII century. The altar of the Rococo style of the second half of XVIII is adorned by two icons: The Immaculate Conception of Mary (of XVII c.) and Black Madonna of Częstochowa (of the second half of XIX c.).

Read more: Chapel is of the Black Madonna of Czestochova

   

Chapel to Jesus Crucifixion

The last chapel in this row was dedicated to Jesus Crucifixion also called as the Jablonowki family chapel. Its founder was a Duchess Ann from family Sapieh Jablonski. It was created in the second half of XVIII century. The gothic crucifix is placed into the Baroque altar; also below there are two icons: the Virgin Mary and The Pietà of XVII c. Till 1946 the reliquary of Blessed Jakub Strzemie has been set in the altarpiece, now placed in the main altar.

Read more: Chapel to Jesus Crucifixion

   
Tutaj
Tutaj
Tutaj
Tutaj

Today in the church:

  • 7:00 am Holy Mass in Polish
  • 8:00 am Holy Mass in Latin
  • 9:00 am Holy Mass in Ukrainian
  • 10:15 am Holy Mass in Polish (for children)
  • 11:30 am Holy Mass in Polish (main)
  • 1:00 pm Holy Mass in Polish
  • 3:00 pm Holy Mass in English
    • 5:30 pm Vespers
    • 6:00 pm Holy Mass in Polish (for youth)